We are currently seeking a Sr Landscape Architect to join our team in Washington, DC. As a Sr Landscape Architect, you will be responsible for working on and leading a full range of assignments in the delivery of all project phases and construction administration as well as selling and delivering a range of services in a variety of client situations.
- Designs and manages landscape architecture projects
- Designs, develops, modifies and reviews drawings for landscape architecture projects.
- Demonstrates creative thinking abilities and contributes to firmwide design excellence and problem solving.
- Demonstrates reliable understanding of the relationship between design and constructability.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Continually contributes to the upgrade of the design process, working collaboratively with lead designers.
- Demonstrates effective conflict resolution techniques with clients and project team members.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- Assist in preparation of proposals; participates in interviews and public presentations.
- Displays proven understanding of business planning process.
- Participates in intra company agreements, contracts and deliverables and assures HOK standards for project management are met.
- Actively promotes collaborative and innovative culture.
- Proactively engages staff and provides opportunities for development.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Proven leadership and mentoring experience.
- Proficiency in BIM, Revit preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, GIS, Ecotect, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Hand-drawing skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or architecture plus a minimum of 10 years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required. Master’s degree in landscape architecture or urban design may also be required.
- Registration with current license required.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.