Summary of Position Requirements
The Senior Land Development Manager will be responsible for development of new communities in Maryland portion of the Metro-DC Area: Frederick, Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. Sr. LDM will be responsible for working with engineers and consultants to produce and procure approval of plans and construction documents needed to complete land development of new residential communities. Sr LDM will also be responsible for all aspects of land development including bidding and contract administration. Sr. LDM should have a strong knowledge of land use approvals and regulations from local to state level in the applicable counties. Must have the ability to develop schedules, budgets and deliver according to the Division plan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage jurisdictional approval process to get approval of construction documents.
- Engage and supervise engineers, contractors, consultants, municipalities, state agencies, legal and other consultants.
- Responsible for site improvement bidding and bid selection leading to site improvement contract negotiations
- Responsible for SWPPP management and compliance on Maryland projects.
- Responsible for value engineering during the design process to reduce improvement costs without sacrificing quality
- Critically review engineering plans
- Oversee and coordinate planning, permit and construction process and effectively forecast long-term schedules and budgets
- Supervise projects from permit approvals through construction and final bond release and community turnover. Responsible for constructionschedules, contract documents, land development budgets, environmental studies, Geotechnical reports, Engineering and Architectural construction plans and permit compliance reports.
- Coordinate dry utility design and installation.
- Plan, schedule, budget and contract for above plus common elements such as entrance features, landscaping and amenities.
- Prepare Requests for Proposal, specifications and bid documents.
- Procure bids and present contract recommendations to Vice President.
- Resolve issues with agencies having jurisdiction over project and region
- Maintain LD Status / exception reports
- Participate in due diligence on prospective property acquisitions
- Support division and department goals and objectives
- HOA management experience a plus but not required
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelordegree in, engineering, construction management, business administration or similar program required
- Minimum 10 years of applicable experience in land development, construction, engineering or design
- Exercise initiative and achieve objectives with minimal supervision
- Position may require flexible work hours.
- Computer literacy, including word-processing, spreadsheet analysis, and project scheduling
- Ability to read and understand engineering and architectural plans at a high level of proficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
- Must exercise initiative and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.