The Stencil team powers the storefront experience. We build scalable, performant services that enable merchants to create beautiful and personalized storefront experiences. The merchants on our platform transact billions of dollars in orders and we routinely handle Black Friday without a hitch.
We’re focused on improving our industry-leading Stencil theming framework and extending its functionality with internationalization, customized experiences for different clients, and tools that enable targeted marketing of products.
Who You Are
- You’re an experienced professional with 3+ years of software development experience building amazing things that speak for themselves.
- You are passionate about modern front-end technologies and tools, and understand when they’re most appropriate.
- You have experience working with backend technologies such as PHP, Ruby, Scala, and Node.
- You want to prove to the world that high-quality code can be delivered with speed.
- You enjoy explaining complex technical topics in a way that others can understand.
- You enjoy making yourself and your team better engineers.
- You have a solid understanding of programming principles.
- You know how to build reliable and safe distributed systems and understand the tradeoffs made when engineering a feature.
- When things break, you’re the first to jump in and help fix them.
- Preferred 3-5 years of software development experience.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related experience.
- You are results-oriented and like to use data to showcase progress.
What You’ll Do
- Build beautiful, scalable products using modern tools like Angular 1 and 2, SASS, and Webpack.
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines.
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility.
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures.
- Review other engineer’s code to maintain and improve quality and security.
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.