Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: build a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the substantial stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We believe one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
Here at Lending Club as a Sr Software Engineer, you’ll work on the platform that is transforming the banking industry. We’re looking for talented Software Engineers passionate about building new applications from the ground up and who will join a growing team in developing the products that allow our borrowers and investors to achieve their financial goals. The technology teams move fast, celebrate great ideas, inspire testing and learning, and stretch for new solutions.
- Are you a tried, enterprise Software/Java Engineer, having worked in a dynamic, agile environment with minimal supervision?
- Do you have experience working with agile methodology, test-driven development, source control management, and automated testing?
- Are you credible, offering 7+ years of meaningful experience?
- Currently you are working with Java and Web services
- UNIX/Linux is in your wheelhouse and you are currently utilizing your scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- You have strong database skills (SQL, MySQL, ORACLE)
- Solving problems is your passion
- You possess superb communication skills
- Self-motivated teammate who excels in a reciprocal environment. (This is the place to take initiative and ask intelligent questions!)
- You have the ability to scale applications
- Working knowledge of AWS
- You have a passion to deliver on-time, quality work
- You accumulated your development experience in a true agile environment
- You are passionate about our mission to transform the banking industry