Our client leads innovation in the IoT space. Their solutions include embedded wireless modules, networkarchitecture, and connectivity solutions. They are hiring a Sr. Java Software Engineer to work on a proprietary IoT platform for an intelligent ecosystem of IoT devices and public infrastructure. The Sr. Java Software Engineer will primarily develop Java components within the platform that will handle IoT data analytics, messaging, sensor data, and micro-services. This person will have a high level of control over the scope and features within the platform.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and more.
- Opportunity to build software for the highly competitive IoT space.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation.
- Stable company with over 10 years of experience delivering advanced software; one of the early IoT pioneers.
- High level of control over project goals, process, and software platform features.
- Extensive company experience in project design, engineering, and integration.
- Opportunity to get in at the ground level in a project with heavy funding.
- Design code in Java for a new IoT platform, to be used for IoT data analytics, reporting, and smart device management.
- Build responsive RESTful web services with Spring framework and MySQL or NoSQL databases.
- Design scalable multithreaded client/server applications.
- Conduct testing using JUnit and Cucumber, system-level testing, debugging, and deployment of applications.
- Assist in defining project goals, and act as a technical resource for product managers.
- 6+ years of software development experience, with recent experience in the IoT/M2M space.
- Degree in computer science or a related field.
- Strong skills in Java, J2EE, and Spring (Boot/Cloud).
- Advanced experience with Apache Maven. Experience with other Apache tools (ActiveMQ, Kafka, Camel, Nifi, Zookeeper) is a plus.
- MySQL or NoSQL databaseexperience.
- Experience developing RESTful web services and APIs.
- Understanding of multitier architecture (n-tier architecture).
- Some experience with automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins).
- Exposure to low-power IoT devices, advanced modules, and emerging technologies is a plus.
- Otherlanguages (C, C++, or Python) are a plus.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.