$100K — $150K *
About this role
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated individual that has a passion for technology and excellent communication skills who thrives in a collaborative team environment. Someone who wants to be a part of an energetic team with a passion for building innovative software products with a collaborative upbeat work ethic where you have ownership over a part of each release.
This role will be on the Platform and Architecture team. Working directly with the Principal's and Architects to refactor the existing monolithic applications to a modern SaaS application. This role will be directly responsible to help shape the future cloud architecture of our application.
In this role you will
• Write well designed, clean, efficient code backed by unit tests
• Contribute to and follow best practice coding standards
• Work well in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Maintain a high standard of work quality and encourage others to do the same
• Energetic individual with enthusiasm to learn new tools, technologies & processes
• Strong coding skills in Java.
• Strong object-oriented programming, design and architecture experience in Java.
• Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing, documentation and implementing software best practices.
• Optimize backend services to maximize speed and scale, with a primary focus on back end development.
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into daily activities.
• Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
• Be an active participate on Agile team, with daily scrum meetings and other Agile ceremonies.
• Good analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
• Accountable for the successful launch and delivery of new, key Accela Product Releases, Engineering Initiatives, alignment for Cloud deployments activities.
• Gain in depth functional and architectural knowledge of the Accela Application
You should have
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
• Minimum 7+ years of experience in developing enterprise applications using enterprise Java and has worked both on Web and Server side technologies.
• A strong Java Backend Developer with Core Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, REST Web-services.
• Expertise in Java Unit Testing Frameworks and tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito etc.
• Expertise in Jmeter; Knowledge of other industry standard performance tools such as Loadrunner, httperf etc is a plus.
• Extensive experience in architecting and measuring application performance of complex SaaS product environments.
• As a Senior developer, must be comfortable switching tasks between Web Services, APIs, Batch Job engine or Web Development.
• Passionate Java developer who is also a problem solver and has a very good understanding of core and advanced Java concepts.
• Good understanding of database and data fundamentals in SQL Server 2019, Oracle and NoSql databases.
• Good understanding of Web Service concepts and experience building RESTful services is required.
• Experience with Containerization and Azure Cloud is a plus.
Valid through: 3/3/2021