Industry: Business Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 48 days ago
Our direct client is looking for a Sr Java/J2EE Web Developer in Trenton, NJ.
- Databases: Oracle, MSSQL
- GUI and Tools: Eclipse Java Development Tool
- Version Control: GIT
- Possesses an expert level knowledge of the tools and processes required by the role
- Functions well in large-scale, complex, cross-functional / platform environment
- Solid individual performance while also providing direction for others
- Shares knowledge, coaches and mentors others in area of expertise
- May serve as technical lead in area of expertise
- May have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of others
- Work with IT and Business management to evaluate complex user requests, projects, and clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs.
- Determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and system capabilities.
- Formulates detailed program specifications using structured analysis and design methodology.
- Prepare project documentation when needed.
- Work with functional architects to define and implement application architecture.
- Code new or modified computer programs into existing systems and test program effectiveness. Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot programming problems.
- Develop detailed application designs and specifications for computer applications.
- Perform analysis of systems issues or changes.
- Write documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Participate in the development of user manuals and operating procedures
- Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or systems and/or programming knowledge.
- College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of programming concepts, design, procedures and practices
- Adaptability and willingness to learn
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other Departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Extremely process and detail oriented
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with health care industry very helpful
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
- Prior experience with Spring Boot – Required
- Prior hands on experience with Spring Controllers – Required
- Strong understanding and prior work with SQL and Oracle databases – Required
- Prior experience with Angular JS – Required
- Prior hands on experience with Hibernate – Required
- Prior work experience with microservice and stateless application architectures – Required
- Prior professional experience developing detailed application designs and specifications for computer applications – Required
- Prior experience detailing program specifications using structured analysis and design methodology – Required
- Prior experience working with IT and Business management to evaluate complex user requests and understand functional requirements – Required
- Prior experience writing documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections – Required
- Prior experience with rules engines - Highly desired
- Experience programming with EJBs - Desired
- Experience with JSP - Desired
- Prior experience creating web applications using J2EE - Desired