Sunquest Information Systems uses advances in genetics to help realize the promise of precision medicine and improve the care of patients. Construction of IT systems to support research and clinical use of genetic data are a critical part of this mission. The systems we build and maintain are distributed to laboratories and clinics.
We are a small group of developers building next generation clinical grade web applications to assist molecular diagnostics labs to streamline their lab information management.
We are looking for a full-stack Senior Java Engineer to join our development team. You will work on supporting current web based LIMS product and more importantly, design, prototype, and develop the next generation of that product. There are also opportunities to move onto other projects.
- You will draft and review detailed designs and specifications and participate in developing project estimates, schedule, and commitments.
- You will bring a sense of urgency to complete tasks in accordance with the project schedule.
- You will evolve and maintain the current LIMS product, adding new features and bug fixes.
- You will research, evaluate, and prototype new technologies and ideas and communicate value for company, in order to re-architect the LIMS product so that it is lean, flexible, robust, and scalable.
- You will create automated tests and document your code.
- You will be an integral member of our agile development team.
Skills And Qualifications
- Delivered substantial commercial product or features
- Ability to employ good judgment, act with integrity, take ownership and accountability, and seek advice when necessary
- Good verbal and written communication and document preparation skills
- Understanding of clinical processes and systems
- Ability to problem solve, handle conflict, anticipate issues/concerns, solve problems, and institute creative solutions
- Expert Object Oriented Design skills
- Build and consume SOAP and RESTful web services
- Strong *nix and network skills
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS; Oracle or MySQL
- Experience with hosted, cloud-based application development; AWS, Google Cloud
- Experience on Agile teams doing iterative application development
- Experience with build & releaseengineering and continuous integration; Maven, Jenkins
- Prior LIMS development experience is a plus.
Sunquest’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Applicants for U.S. based positions with Sunquest Information Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.