The IT Senior Software Development Engineer has specific responsibilities leading application and services development design while interfacing with and steering our vendor partner consultants. Delivery of reliable and secure software solutions meeting the operational specifications required through development of system logic. Reviewing and guiding code development from other team members through reviews. This role is empowered and accountable for software systems designs, including loosely coupled designs across verticals and platforms. Triage, debugging, surveillance, performance, scalability, and monitoring are all key activities for non-development environments. Professional growth of knowledge across both technical and operational domains is required. Expectations include innovation and critical thinking leading to decision making driving towards efficient, simple solutions answering to complex business needs. Partner with fellow COE team members, Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, and Operational teams towards constructing solutions while progressing towards the approved enterprise entity API model, technology stack, and overall agile culture. As a technical leader, this person is able to balance a wide-range of priorities, while considering short-term and long-term implications of each decision for our patients, clients, and team members. This position is also responsible for enterprise synergies across Specialty, Home Delivery, Patient, Systems, Claims, and Corporate Systems applications/services, and for realizing benefits gained by sharing features across these platforms. Travel is expected for 10% of the time.
- Partner with and technically lead employees and vendor partner consultants from different locations in the development and delivery of various software applications and enterprise services; e.g. Specialty, Home Delivery, Patient Systems, Claims, Corporate Systems.
- Works to develop skills, self-motivated, provides feedback to others, and oversees resolution of technical issues and complexities.
- Identify process improvement and code synergies achieved through innovative ideas and critical thinking.
- Consult with business departments as needed.
- Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks progress reports to management.
- Acts as liaison between application development teams and across vertical partners to resolve issues, mitigate risks and monitor results.
- Leads resolution of urgent and on-going problems to ensure their team’s contribution to overall reliability.
- Trusted advisor to Operations and cross-functional team members, providing data and technical insight from the application metrics, pertaining to business impact.
- Ensures defects are quickly assessed and/or mitigated and resolved in non-production and production environments.
- Represents Information Technology in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Prepares for, implements, and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
Proven technical leadership skills in leading high talent teams in local and remote locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8-12years relevant experience, preferably 2-3 years at ESI or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience preferably 1 to 2 years at ESI or in the PBM industry.
- Ability to be an agent of change, handle complex technical problems into smaller simple solutions, and create a culture that supports high team morale.
- Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, procedures and practices in the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Understanding of automated testing patterns such as unit testing, mocking and automated integration testing.
- Knowledge of testing technologies such as Junit, EasyMock, Mockito, Cucumber and Selenium is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in an Agile culture with related frameworks (e.g. scrum, Kanban), Dev/Ops related practices/tools, test automation, and overall CI/CD based iterative development as it applies to software delivery.
- Strong Spring/SpringBoot, Java, J2EE skills Pivotal Cloud Foundry, RESTful microservices design, MQ, Pega, SOFEA/ MULE, Oracle PL/SQL, NoSQL, DataPower, Eclipse, Kafka, and Jenkins.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Monitoring instrumentation using Graphite and Splunk.
- Real world experience using architectural and design patterns such as OOP, MVC, IoC, and AOP to improve code structure and maintainability.
- Familiarity with Filenet and/or other Document Management solutions is a plus.
- NET development experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with ICR/OCR and/or IBM Datacap is a plus.
- Experience with React is a plus.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Familiarity with health care and PBM industry will be very helpful.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
20015500 Posted on: June 7, 2018