What IS Banking does….
The Technology Banking team is responsible for numerous custom-built applications, used daily by our home office associates, 17,000+ branch teams and clients for various banking activity. We are seeking an exceptionally talented person to innovate and collaborate with our team to generate creative ideas that will continue taking these applications to the next level.
What you’ll do…
- Design – Perform lead analyst role to design, code, test, debug, and maintain programs
- Develop – Modify and develop complex information systems involving most phases of systems analysis and programming
- Adapt – Shift work between different environments and multitask
- Implement – Analyze, design, code and document programs and enhancements
- Test – Conduct code walkthroughs to ensure programs meet the specified quality standards
- Plan – Assist with defining and meeting business requirements, preparing detailed software specifications, and providing program or system level estimates
- Monitor – Provide system support, including on-call pager rotation
- Mentor – Provide guidance, training and mentorship on the business impact of the systems supported, technical systems design, development of best practices, and Technology processes and tools.
- What you’ll need…Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related technical field, or equivalent experience in information systems
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following technologies a plus:
- A minimum of 5 years of Java development experience.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in both a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to explain complex technical issues in business terms.
- Knowledge of financial industry is a plus.
- Ability to design, develop, test, document, and implement quality software within targeted timeframes.
- Experience or training in the Agile Project Management methodology is a plus.
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.