Enterprise Data Delivery & Analytics is seeking a Sr. Developer to join their team to advance the reporting capabilities. This position will be responsible for the design, development, and integration of reporting application. The successful candidate should demonstrate the technical and analytical strengths to provide business solutions utilizing in-house reporting tools and java programming stack.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Collaborate with IT and Business partners to design, develop, and troubleshoot end to end technical solutions
- Perform coding to written technical specifications
- Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting that meets the stated project objectives
- Contribute to design review meetings with other members of Application Development
- Identifies and manages dependencies and downstream impacts of the project to minimize adverse effects on other projects and / or programs
- Test the resulting components in accordance with company standards and as defined in approved testing plans
- Analyze run time profiles to debug errors that may exist
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects
- B.S. (M.S. preferred) in a relevant field such as Computer Science.
- Experience in designing, developing and testing real-world enterprise applications.
- Hands-on experience in Java/Python development.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and modeling concepts.
- Hands-on experience with any of the BI Packages (ex. OBIEE/Microstrategy/Cognos/etc.).
- Experience working on UNIX operating systems.
- Experience with integrating applications with web services.
- Data management experience preferred
- Experience any other metadata technologies would be a plus.
- Experience using Gradle, Rational Team concert, Rational Asset manager is preferred.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple task assignments.