We are looking for a Sr. Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications, and websites. The candidate will be working with our eCommerce team to code branded websites.
A day in the life of a Sr. Java Developer includes designing Java applications, writing testable code, undertaking software debugging, and reviewing program architecture. You must be able and willing to pair program with Jr. Developers. If are not able or willing to pair program, please consider other roles at ICON Health & Fitness.
- Follow approved life cycle methodologies
- Create design documents
- Performs program coding and testing
- Assist in the entire development lifecycle phases.
- Develop web applications using current Java frameworks
- Spring (Required)
- Broadleaf Commerce
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Review and recommend test plans for impacted areas and end to end test coverage
- Recommends improvements to existing processes or proposes new ones, to improve the quality of project deliverables
- Maintain and improve the quality of existing application code
- Mentor developers
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Other duties may be assigned
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to work remote
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred
- 5-years of development experience is required.
- 3-years of Java experience is required
- Good communication skills
- Self-starter and dependable
- Must be a team player