As a Symantec IT staff member, you provide insightful advice and friendly, hands-on technical support to internal customers in need. You quickly diagnose device and application issues, explaining situations with patience and empathy. After determining whether repairs can be made or a replacement is needed, you offer solutions to quickly get users up and running again with a minimum of disruption to their work. Even if you’re juggling more than one customer, you stay conscious of their time demands as well as your own. You fulfill Symantec’s service commitment with style, personality, speed, and skill while providing exceptional customer service. You earn the confidence of customers and coworkers alike as you offer guidance, knowledge, and even tips and training.
Symantec employees will utilize a combination of PC and Mac computers along with a suite of mobile devices and computer accessories. In addition to common industry desktop software, these computers run agents from Symantec’s own security and data management applications. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment with multiple devices and applications all while developing your technical skills.
• Greet customers as they enter the IT Service Bar and quickly understand how to assist them.
• Promote the perception of all IT as a preferred technology service provider by maintaining a pleasant, comfortable and inviting service environment and by guiding customers to the most effective avenue of support.
• Install, troubleshoot and repair computer hardware (PC and Mac).
• Recommend and install hardware and peripherals including memory, SSD drives, external backup drives, etc.
• Understand our customer needs and guide them on selecting the right hardware/software to meet their business needs.
• Install Symantec Operating Environments on IT supported hardware.
• Provide technical assistance and training to end users on computer operating systems and approved applications.
• Instruct and assist end users in the use of computer equipment, software and accessories.
• Evaluate and test new technology for feasibility and implementation within Symantec.
• Perform asset management activities to ensure hardware is properly assigned to the end users.
• Identify needs, procure and manage local supplies that enable services within the IT Services Bar (for example, accessory stock).
• Document all support activity within the IT Incident and Change Management tracking tool.
• Coordinate efforts with 3rd party vendors to repair faulty hardware.
• Facilitate engagement with other IT problem resolver groups and ensure a satisfactory hand-off when help is needed from outside the IT Service Bar.
• Be familiar with and demonstrate new (yet-to-be released within Symantec) end-user devices and software.
• Provide enhanced support to executive leaders within the company.
• Provide mentorship to junior technicians and oversee processes and procedures are followed appropriately.
• Bachelor’s degree or related technical education.
• 5+ years’ experience in a large organization administering, operating, problem solving, trouble shooting, maintaining and securing large-scale enterprise desktop environments.
• Proven experience with client communications, maintaining composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
• Experience in adhering to a schedule of customer appointments while adapting to dynamic customer requests.
• Experience learning or acquiring skills in technical repairs.
• Demonstrated experience in communicating complex technical concepts in simple language.
• Strong experience and working knowledge of current Windows Operating Systems.
• Experience prioritizing and completing multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Experience in to making schedule adjustments to cover before/after usual business hours or when other team members are unavailable.
• Experience working with Active Directory.
• Experience with Symantec products and Encryption is a plus.