This might be a great role for you if you are a good human, passionate about IT, have a desire to work in a variety of technical environments, and are ambitious to learn and grow. Do you like helping people, have excellent time management, communication skills, and enjoy both working independently and collaborating with a team? If so… keep reading!
- Handle escalations from Tier 1 responders, communicating frequently with both Tier 1 and 2 technicians, the Service Desk Manager, and Clients
- Respond to a complete range of Tier 1- Tier 3 tickets as ticket volume requires (you may escalate Tier 3 tickets as needed)
- Be responsible for ad-hoc end-user support, managing priorities and communications effectively and efficiently
- Support or handle recurring tasks including new employee onboarding, checking backups, responding to system alerts, account auditing, new equipment configuration, etc.
- Periodic review and evaluation of client systems, processes, and procedures. Make recommendations, and support project implementation for both client and internal projects.
- Some travel outside the Bay Area may be required (rarely) under certain circumstances.
Technical Requirements and Experience
- 5 + years of experience in IT Service, at least 3 years working at Service or Help Desk handling a variety of requests for multiple clients/ stakeholders using a variety of cloud and locally hosted technologies
- Proven troubleshooting methodology
- Competency in both Mac and Windows OS, SAAS applications, GSuite, O365 and Office applications
- Experience deploying identity management tools e.g. OKTA and/or other SSO tools
- Strong data privacy practices including the ability to design and audit basic client security policies and procedures
- Familiarity with managing endpoint management systems and backup systems
- Experience making written recommendations for system improvements
- Experience maintaining, optimizing, and performing in-place upgrades, on medium sized on-prem environments including server, software, and user endpoint systems
It would be great if you are familiar with:
- The goals of industry security policies (SOC 2, GDPR, HIPAA, SOX)
- Enterprise storage technologies including NAS, SAN, RAID, and software designed storage
- AWS, Azure, or Google-cloud platform
- Troubleshooting and re-configuring servers, virtual environments, and networks
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with IT adjacent support systems including UPS’, cabling vendors, smart temperature monitors, keycard access systems, etc.