The DevOps Manager drives technical excellence in the areas of Commercial, Digital and Innovation. The manager will lead a global team of DevOps engineers partnering with functional and delivery leads by providing resources with expertise in infrastructure (AWS), Reliability Engineering, Solution Development (AEM, Magento, IM), automation and Scrum. This person should be deeply familiar with a variety of monitoring solutions with in-depth experience with New Relic (set up/configure) and the ability to identify and monitor the right KPIs as well as automation along the tool chain in order to ensure a positive user experience and deliver excellent customer service. The ideal candidate loves keeping up with new technology, fosters a healthy, learning focused work culture and environment and cares about automating the right processes - deployment, continuous integration, and quality control.
Key job description:
This ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, able to dive deep into technical details with the DevOps engineers. This role must be quality focused with strict compliance to PCI, PII and overall IT controls. This role:
- Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, ensuring that application development and deployment is done in the best possible way, and implements quality control and review systems throughout the development and deployment processes
- Displays technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions
- Identifies technical and process improvement opportunities based on best practices and industry standards and ensures implementation
- Ensures the formal development, documentation and ongoing updating of technical standards and processes
- Has a deep understanding of monitoring and management tools and deployment processes and tools
- Bachelor degree in computer science, business administration or another discipline relevant for the healthcare industry or equivalent experience.
- Broad IT expertise in various disciplines like system development, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management.
- 5-7+ years of DevOps Manager or related experience
- Demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools
- An ability to mentor and develop talent
- Strong interdisciplinary, and excellent intercultural influence, and networking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong influence and negotiating skills.
- Experience leading teams - both with direct staff and indirect project teams in a matrix organization.
- Deep understanding of SDLC best practices