We are looking for Sr. IT project Manager for our client in ???Raleigh, NC
Job Title: Sr. IT project Manager
Job Location: Raleigh, NC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- A contractor is needed to fill the role of IT Project Manager to aid and support Agency staff in the implementation of key software implementation project
- Note: Experience in financial systems implementation and/or workflow or case management systems implementation is preferred.
- This position will be responsible for managing a single high-visibility, high impact project involving external vendors and multiple business areas.
- The role will provide dedicated project leadership for a project that is anticipated to be an eighteen month long effort.
- A dedicated contractor IT Project Manager will allow the client to devote regular FTE Project Managers to normal operational work while still advancing progress against a major strategic effort (Collections Case Management system selection and implementation).
- Manage and direct a large-scale technology project (i.e., software development or implementation, including procurement, resource acquisition, budgeting; developing, monitoring and controlling schedules; identifying and resolving issues and risks; and communicating status to stakeholders)
- Translate generalized customer business goals and objectives into concrete strategy and tactical plans.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors to achieve best results.
- Work effectively with internal and external clients, third party vendors, and senior management in accomplishing project objectives.
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcomes for the customer.
- Work closely with the Project Sponsor(s) and Governance Committees to facilitate decisions necessary for project delivery.
- Manage effective project oversight and reviews to affect project success.
- Develop and maintain project documentation including schedules/timelines and various detailed plans for Communication, Risk Management, Deployment and others as required.
- Develop and maintain "lessons-learned" for utilization on future projects.
- Resolve political, resource, budgeting, change, and legal issues affecting the project.
- Oversee change requests associated with the project.
- Oversee vendor relations and procurement related to the project
- Drive project work to completion
- Develop and maintain status reports, decision and issue logs. Process Management
- The Project Manager will follow established processes within the client, as well as processes defined and required by the Enterprise Project Management Office in their role as an oversight organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies desired:
- Proven experience in delivering projects on-time, within budget, as designed, that meet the customer requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Project Management Knowledge Areas of the PMBOK?, PMI's Project Management Standard, PM tools and templates. PMP certification is required.
- Knowledge of Information TechnologyInfrastructure Library (ITIL) methodologies is preferred.
- Well versed in delivery of IT projects from requirements, through design, build, test and train.
- Leadership on complex projects. Well-developed facilitation skills are required.
- Utilization of past experience in creative resolution of resource gaps, development of workarounds, and budget shortfalls.
- Consultative services that support the project team, sponsors and other stakeholders on the strategies for moving project forward.
- Demonstrated ability to work with the customer to build and sustain a trusted advisor relationship by applying expertise and knowledge to achieve sustainable results in an ethical manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint