Sr. IT Project Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Software
Sr. IT Project Manager
Our client, a dynamic, growing organization is looking for a Sr. IT Project Manager to join their team in Grand Rapids, MI as a full-time employee.
This position will report directly to the Director of Project Management and will be responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units.
This includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The Sr. IT Project Manager will contribute to process improvement initiatives, as it relates to improving project delivery.
- Full project lifecycle ownership; develop and manage all aspects of project from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues.
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques.
* 5+ years of IT project management experience, including tracking and planning projects.
* 5+ years of experienceworking with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
* Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall.
* Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations.
* Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
* Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
* Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross-functional environment
* Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
* Tools: MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Workfront or other PPM tool.
* Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
* Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective.