At Coffee & Bagel Brands, our team has a common set of values that we call our Purpose & Heart. These are the behaviors that guide how we work, how we treat each other and how we treat our guests. Our goal is to create Bright Spots for each other and our guests every day. A Bright Spot is all about making someone’s day and putting a smile on their face!
Coffee & Bagels Brands is Caribou Coffee, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Noah’s New York Bagels, Bruegger’s Bagels and Manhattan Bagel. We are your friendly neighborhood gathering place for good conversation and great food.
Position Mission: The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of projects according to deadlines and within budget and for oversight of quality control throughout. Responsible for all aspects of the planning, management and execution of assigned business projects, and ensures adequate communication is maintained with all stakeholders and technology users.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for successful delivery of assigned projects of a highly complex nature including:
- Define project goals and objectives and oversee quality control throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for the creation and review of project plans and charter documents including definition, scope, resources, budget and schedule.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and track and report against established budget, recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Develop and document status reports, proposals, requirements documents and presentations.
- Effectively communicate and continually manage project expectations with team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Monitor project(s) to assure compliance to overall project plan, prioritize projects and tasks, and manage activities and resources to successful completion.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members (including vendors and contractors/ consultants). Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members to ensure assignments meet the Company standards and are completed on schedule.
- Develop communication plans and ensure adequate communication is maintained between team members, departments and stakeholders regarding project status, progress and priorities.
- Identify project risks and issues and resolve in a timely manner.
- Coordinate departmental support to resolve project shortcomings and/or take appropriate action when variances occur.
- Work with technology users, IT leadership and other stakeholders to determine business objectives, feasibility and cost benefit of project requests. Assist in the documentation, evaluation and prioritization of project requests.
- Build, develop, and grow relationships with technology users and other stakeholders.
- Strict adherence to established support and service management policies and procedures (i.e. incident, change, problem, SDLC, etc.) thereby ensuring all activities are fully documented for auditing and future support purposes.
- Keep abreast of developments and best practices in the information technology field. Maintain the knowledge necessary to support department goals and programs, and retain professional competence.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional project management and facilitation skills.
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with strong planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential, including the ability to articulate risks and issues and accurately analyze problems, explain solutions and present technical material to end users in a non-technical manner.
- Skilled in working with cross-functional teams to affect collaboration, resolution of issues and community building across multiple functions.
- Strong and confident presence and experience to work credibly with and influence colleagues, managers, senior level sponsors and executives.
- Curiosity and passion for delivering high quality technical solutions.
- 10+ years of technology experience including requirements management, analysis and design required.
- 7+ years of project management experience (full project life cycle management) related to business software or system integration projects (packaged and custom developed) required.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile required.
- Demonstrated record of leadership, management, and technical success in Information Technology required.
- Project delivery success on collaborative efforts working with outside vendors and other business partners required.
- Strong familiarity with project management and vendor management tools and techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- Experience working in a business/IT capacity for a company with restaurant and/or retail operations a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.