Interactive Business Systems is teaming up with a Middleton, WI area client to locate and bring on a Sr. IT Manager for a Direct Hire opportunity!
The Sr. IT Manager's role is to ensure the streamlined operation of their functional area within the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
The Sr. IT Manager will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT related activities in their functional area, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of their functional area. The Sr. IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The Sr. IT Manager will also define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
- Lead their area's operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of area's IT systems Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of area infrastructure and area systems.
- Work with General Manager to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Keep current with the latest technologies, including virtual environments.
- Manage financial aspects of the area, including purchasing, adhering to budget and budget review. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Develop and implement all applicable IT policies and procedures.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourced and consultant contracts and service agreements. Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work.
- (Applies to all job duties 100%) * Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work * Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams * Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control * Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department * Improves processes within sphere of control * Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve * Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
Requirements Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of Virtual environments
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- High level of self-motivation. - Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Uses project plan and project schedule methodology
- Clearly defines and utilizes processes in daily work
- Knows SFW team structure, roles and responsibilities
- Integrates process methodology into daily work; MPI, QAT, 5S, 6D, Q@S etc
- Looks for innovative ways to streamline work processes across the division and involves stakeholders - Identifies gaps using tools such as Baldridge criteria, WI Forward Award criteria, GPTW, IDP etc - Establishes forums to share best practices
- Uses dept and company scorecard and other metrics
- Measures own work to plan and reports out at a micro and macro level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience