Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
The Sr. Manager, Service Delivery is a highly visible role within the LifeLock IT Infrastructure team and serves as a technical leader for all aspects of the application infrastructure.and serves as a technical leader for all aspects of the application infrastructure. You will leverage your demonstrated leadership skills to lead a team of technical resources responsible for running and maintaining applications that are critical to the operations of the LifeLock business. You will build and maintain the business application ecosystem, achieve application SLAs, stability, and partner with core infrastructure & application development teams to develop comprehensive technical solutions. You will integrate application requirements into the infrastructure to ensure high availability and scalability. You are accountable for the production environment including 24x7 support, incident management, problem management.
- Lead the definition of and development of comprehensive technical solutions to support the business needs of LifeLock.
- Leads a team of Site Reliability Engineers who are responsible for delivering and maintaining superior automated IaaS provisioning, configuration management, CI/CD for the LifeLock business applications.
- Thinks strategically and direct others in solving complex business problems and to provide business insight that is relevant and digestible to executive decision makers and key stakeholders
- Implements and drives DevOps culture, automation, measurement, and sharing.
- Work directly with the business and Technology leadership to manage projects and mitigate risks to enable on time delivery of projects.
- Lead the effort to maintain and operate a 24/7 high-performance, highly available application infrastructure.
- Lead resolution/prevention of application issues/problems in order to ensure resolution in a timely manner in order to maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Foster an atmosphere of collaboration within the organization, emphasizing teamwork and professional development.
- Continuously look for ways to drive improvement to the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and increase velocity of the team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or related experience
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology
- 3+ years of experience as a technical leader of Agile DevOps teams that have successfully delivered highly scalable and highly available solutions.
- 3+ years demonstrated technical depth with industry standard middleware (e.g. Weblogic or Tomcat preferred), web server technologies (e.g. IIS, Apache) and database technologies (e.g. Oracle, MongoDB, SQLServer)
- Experience building, testing, deploying and operating highly scalable and resilient cloud-based application infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) in a medium or large enterprise.Experience with AWS preferred
- Solid understanding and experience with AWS services including but not limited to EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3, CloudWatch, ELB, Auto Scaling Groups, VPC and related services preferred.
- Proven background in successfully delivering and supporting key business applications and application infrastructure in a fast paced, Agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, influence change and drive results.
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for building and leading cohesive technical teams, taking pride in helping individuals achieve their best, and the business achieve outstanding results
- Participate in 7x24 on-call rotating supportschedules for production systems required
- Background in financial services, regulated industry or real-time transaction processing industry preferred