At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated, self-starter to join the Infrastructure Engineering team responsible for maintaining the many facets of Ping Identity’s core infrastructure. This year, this department will be focused on optimizing our AWS environment using infrastructure-as-code and devops methodologies.. If you’re looking for a fast paced, fun, environment and are willing to work hard and play hard, this might be the right position for you.
- This team has a broad scope of responsibilities including: cloud operations, server management (Linux and Windows), deployment Automation, DNS, database, telephony, firewall, and storage.
- Other duties include:
- Participating in the On-Call 24/7 support for infrastructure needs as they impact business stability and functionality. Current rotation is 1 week per month.
- Assisting in the support of all physical equipment in our Data Center located in south Denver, as required.
- Assist in the department’s tickets and projects that represent infrastructure work and “level 3” escalations from the internal support team.
- Analysis of complex system behavior, performance and application issues.
- Develop, maintain, and administer cutting-edge infrastructure deployment tools.
- Build out the underlying infrastructure from end to end, effectively creating the platform that will enable other departments to quickly deploy compute resources on-premise or in the cloud.
- Have 4 to 6+ years experience as a Linux systems administrator with solid Windows experience.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Compute, etc.
- Experience with virtualization platforms such as VMware, Xen, KVM, etc.
- Be familiar with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Have In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Windows and Ubuntu Servers.
- Strong desire to assist the team and share knowledge.
- Firm believer in the documentation process.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Solid scripting skills, Python, Ruby experience is a big plus.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Apache, Tomcat, NGINX, Haproxy, and MySQL experience is a plus.
- Other specific skillsets highly desired include Aruba AIrwave, Saltstack, Zabbix, Netdisco, and Elasticsearch.