Sr IT Infrastructure Engineer - Storage
Job Description :
Takes a lead role in more complex plans to research, evaluate, design and develop IT Infrastructure systems by applying engineering, hardware and software design theories and principles to develop a compatible system infrastructure in line with organizational strategies. Takes a lead role in more complex design, development, and implementation of IT Infrastructure components such as operating systems, software tools, and utilities. Takes a lead role in conducting more complex studies of IT Infrastructure performance and traffic analysis. Takes a lead role in determining more complex systems design requirements and ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Takes a lead role in generating more complex IT Infrastructureengineering policies, standards and procedures. May mentor less experienced team members.
1. Takes a lead role in serving on teams in clearly defining, with the customer, more complex requirements, deliverables and timeframes. Escalate issues and make recommendations to resolve them to the appropriate audience.
2. Takes a lead role conducting more complex root cause analysis to identify and resolve complex problems impacting IT Infrastructure.
3. Takes a lead role to develop and/or deliver technical training in complex technical areas. May mentor less experienced team members in the execution of their duties.
4. Takes a lead role in completing more complex project tasks to enable the on time, within budget and scope delivery of IT Infrastructure projects.
5. Assure compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology
Knowledge of one or more of listed storage devices
- EMC VMAX850
- EMC 7600 VNX
- EMC Isilon
- IBM XIV