Senior IT Infrastructure Analyst – Enterprise Storage (NAS, SAN) and Linux Systems Engineer
Design, implementation, administration, monitoring, and support of computer infrastructure systems, services, and applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead small-to-mid-sized IT projects and project teams.
- Analyze and recommend solutions, upgrades, and services for streamlining and system improvements.
- Support of hardware/software maintenance to include troubleshooting, installation and upgrades, Tier 3 support.
- Support multiple locations worldwide (domestic and international travel may be required).
- Complete IT operational tasks, project tasks, and end user support duties as assigned.
- Assist with architecture and design of infrastructure solutions and methodology.
- Resolve incidents through effective troubleshooting methodology, Tier 3.
- Maintain accurate updated documentation while performing essential job duties.
- Liaison with vendors, partners, and external resources.
- Assist other analyst with troubleshooting and fulfillment processes.
- Ability to train other staff on technical operations.
- Subject matter expert on the operation, maintenance, management, and deployment of multiple computer infrastructure hardware/software solutions.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience in supporting computer infrastructure hardware, applications, and systems required.
- Computer infrastructure-centered certifications required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows networking and design, security, Local and Wide Area network design. Experience with servers, virtualization and storage systems.
- Required Experience and Skills
- Level 3+ technical Support for the following platforms
- Enterprise SAN/NAS systems. Experience with EMC Isilon and Unity systems is a plus.
- Enterprise Linux operating systems. Experience with RHEL, Oracle Linux, and/or Oracle Virtualization Manager is a plus.
- Experience managing Operating System life-cycles in a large, complex environment
- Optional Experience and Skills
- Level 2+ technical support for enterprise-class servers (e.g. server blade systems) is a plus
- Level 2+ technical support for fibre channel switches and storage networks is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status