The Sr IT engineer under the guidance of the architect, partners with customers and provides a key role in helping to lead projects and in designing solutions. The successful candidate will help to maintain in-depth subject matter expertise and domain knowledge. The ideal candidate is an experienced Messaging/MQ Engineer who has a track record of implementing core products on a large, corporate scale in a complex security environment and enjoys working in a competent, strong team.
- Provide Business and product support for MQ in large Mainframe and Distributed environment.
- 24x7 Support (as required) along with Triage and Vendor problem management, performance monitoring and tuning
- Expert in defining and modifying MQ configurations such as queues, clusters, listener ports, channels, pub/sub
- Create and tune monitors and alerts for messaging
- Perform maintenance activities such as patching and upgrades
- Capture, document, analyze and comprehend requirements.
- Design, document, develop, deploy, maintain and operate bi-directional integrations with corporate systems
- In depth knowledge of WebSphere MQ on the distributed and mainframe environment.
- Queue Sharing
- MQ clustering
- MQ cloud experience.
- Experience with upgrade, patching, monitoring and maintenance.
- General scriptingexperience (perl,shell..)
- Experience with change management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8-12years’ experience with MQ
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions. . Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to define and develop customized solutions that meet business requirements. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines. Analytical, excellent communications, quick learner, self-starter. Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Strong customer service focus. Familiarity with health care or PBM industry very helpful Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines. Ability to contribute ideas to extend and enhance methodology in a synergistic manner.
- Working knowledge of networking: TCP/IP, and familiarity with firewalls, hubs, routers, switches, DNS, gateways, load balancing and basic network analysis/troubleshooting.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes? Be a part of our team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, this talent is relied on to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 83 million Americans, explore our opportunities.
Job Id: REQ20009531