The Senior IT Engineer will lead the standardization, optimization and simplification of platform applications and direct the overall quality, performance and efficiency of those applications. They will guide the reduction of complexity, cost, tech debt and code footprint while providing visionary leadership of platform applications that inspires the development teams to adopt as their own. The Senior IT Engineer will architect methods, utilities and frameworks that promote optimal platform applications and plans the future of midrange development, as well as, Mule, WebSphere, MQ, Tomcat, Datapower, Broadvision and possible replacements. Lastly, they will drive patterns across midrange that yield applications that are 'cloud ready', i.e. smaller, loosely bound services and partners with customers and leads product delivery and project execution for key engineering initiatives
- Lead development teams in creating, maintaining and promoting coding standards.
- Provide coding samples, guidelines and support for platform languages and standards.
- Establish and maintain regular 2-way communication with the development teams.
- Lead the planning, requirements, recommendations, use and POC of platform development tools.
- Liaise between development teams and software vendor to educate, train and optimize the use of development tools, as well as, understand gaps and problems of tools.
- Work with system teams and procurement to plan future tool installs and upgrades.
- Architect and socialize shared utilities to streamline and standardize common functions across application teams.
- Design automated methods for measuring, alerting and visualizing non-compliance and progress toward application optimization.
- Adhere to Change Control Criteria
- College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in platform specific development languages and tools
- Demonstrated ability to architect customized solutions that meet business requirements
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to facilitate the resolution of complex issues with innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to sell a vision and the methods required to reach it
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Familiarity with the twelve-factor app methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry very helpful
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
- Expert with Mule, WebSphere, MQ, Tomcat, Datapower, Broadvision
Job Id: REQ20009945