The Sr. IT Data Analyst will work using a BI implementation on an SAP HANA Platform. This role will be expected to work closely with their fellow team of developers and will be responsible for the development and deployment of BI solutions to certain business functions. The solutions could entail, but not be limited to, user and use case analysis, deployment strategies and front-end tool assessments.
This position requires a person who is flexible, as the role requires a variety of development and testing tasks. Strong communication and analytical skills are a must, as this role will work not only with internal IT teams but with the business as well. The incumbent will work closely with SAP Analytics Manager when designing solutions. They may also be called upon to provide in-depth expert level analysis of data. This individual should have a firm grasp of a software development life cycle and be able to ensure that development follows Teleflex's documented standards.
- Assist in the active deployment of sustainable, scaleable and supportable BI solutions to business functional areas at Teleflex.
- Participate in identifying and recommending department/project priorities to the SAP Analytics IT Manager, Sr. Architect and Sr Manager on the BI Team.
- Lead small scale projects, providing direction and guidance to fellow team members.
- Offer expert level analytical services to business users and assist in data troubleshooting when required.
- Identify opportunities for enhancement of BI solutions, including visualizations, that would drive process improvement into the business.
- Translate business requirements into actionable requirements.
- Provide knowledge transfer for cross training amongst BI team.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree. Equivalent education and work experience may be considered.
- Minimum 10 years experience working with BI data analysis tools, preferably SAP toolsets. HANA experience a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with BI Visualization tools and/or BI Front end tools.
- Must have experience testing and documenting own development. Experience with overall test case development desirable, but not required.
- Experience in deployment aspects of BI solutions to business users.
- Experience working in FDA regulated environment extremely desirable.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- General knowledge about Enterprise Resource planning systems desirable. SAP ERP knowledge preferred. Business process knowledge with ERP context is also preferred.
- Working knowledge of SQL and the ability to understand simple to moderate SQL statements.
- Exposure to ETL tools is desirable.
- Good understanding of release workflows such as Production, QA, Test, and Dev.
- Ability to lead project teams and coach others.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work both in a team-oriented environment and independently with minimal supervision.
- Capable of working in a cross-functional and globally dispersed team environment, with varying levels of experience and skillsets.
- Excellent technical writing skills, including experience delivering and presenting proof of concepts.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to recognize issues urgency and prioritization.
- Must be able to work with diverse groups and exercise diplomacy and maintain confidentiality as needed.
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills, ability to coordinate and work with others to accomplish assigned group tasks.