As a member of the Technology organization, you will be part of the team that serves the needs of Santander, including products and services for personal, business and corporate customers. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to teamwork, and we encourage collaboration and innovation to be a smart, customer-focused and solutions-oriented organization.
The Technology organization supports the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of all banking systems. This team has the expertise and commitment to develop high-quality solutions to meet the needs of a fast-paced and complex operating environment.
The Associate, Business Control & Risk Management operates within the First Line of Defense to execute the Enterprise Risk Framework - ensuring compliance with Regulations, Heightened Standards, and Corporate Policy. The Associate will help champion the Business Control mandate acting as a critical partner guiding stakeholders to embed risk management practices in the 1st line. The Associate serves as a subject matter expert by advising and guiding enterprise wide initiative such as risk assessments, KPI development, and remediation of issues. Evaluations require collaboration with various stakeholders while influencing parties towards strategic goals. May manage a small team in these efforts.
- Acts as a liaison with Risk and Compliance or second line of defense- to develop and implement new policy requests/revisions, to complete all line of business related risk assessments, risk mandates, continuity plans, resolution plans and execution
- Analyzes, evaluates and provides strategic guidance and direction for programs, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with regulatory requirements and acceptable risk mitigation practices
- Develops and implements appropriate controls and procedures reflecting the standards set forth in the policies and Regulations while accounting for risks inherent in the products, services, types of customers, locations of customers, and functions of the Business Unit
- Develops, implements and monitors compliance program and controls for the assigned area
- Identifies gaps in controls, proposes solutions, and implements corrective actions
- Drives projects to implement the necessary changes to policy, procedures and processes in order to align the Business Unit(s) to the organization's OCC's practice standards
- Effectively partners with line of business to solicit information and to mitigate risk
- Manages complex process evaluations across single or varied line of business
- Provides advisory support for regulatory examinations and audits by defining the how and why for all implemented decisions; ensures all requested documentation is provided
- Recognized as a subject matter expert by advising and guiding enterprise wide initiative such as risk assessments, KPI development, remediation of issues
- Reports to management on regulatory developments and risks/issues identified within assigned Compliance area
- Supports Business Unit team members in the resolution of Risk related issues
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- 5-9 years experience in Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing, Credit Management
- Ability to develop and maintain close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Advanced PC (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge of applicable US laws and regulations and financial services industry regulators
- Understanding of banking operations and the financial services regulatory and risk management environment
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize several projects at a time
- 5+ years of risk management, audit, legal, regulatory and/or quantitative experience
- 5+ years of IT operations experience
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Audit experience is preferred