Description: This senior management level position is primarily responsible for providing guidance to project teams and managing technical direction across technical solutions and IT systems.
- Directs the operations of multiple units and departments by identifying customer and operational needs; analyzing resources, costs, and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; engaging strategic, cross-functional business units to champion and drive support for business plans and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; anticipating and removing obstacles that impact performance; addressing performance gaps and implementing contingency plans accordingly; ensuring products and/or services meet customer requirements and expectations while aligning with organizational strategies; serving as a subject-matter expert and trusted source to executive leadership; and providing influence and consultation in the development of the larger organizational or business strategy.
- Models and drives continuous learning and maintains a highly skilled and engaged workforce by aligning cross-functional resource plans with business objectives; overseeing the recruitment, selection, and development of talent; motivating and empowering teams; building organizational capacity and developing high potential employees for growth opportunities and advancement; staying current with industry trends, benchmarks, and best practices; providing guidance and leadership when difficult decisions need to be made; and ensuring performance management guidelines and expectations align with and drive business objectives and results.
- Oversees the development of requirements, for process or system solutions spanning multiple business domains by consulting with stakeholders and directing IT teams (for example, Solutions Delivery, Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture).
- Directs the management of business requirements to meet business, functional, and non-functional requirements (for example, SMART).
- Assesses the costs, benefits, ROI, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of proposed solutions.
- Oversees and takes accountability for the solution design process by ensuring solutions are aligned with business strategies, operational work flow, established budgets, and vendor service level agreements.
- Oversees the implementation of and adherence to standardized tools, templates, and processes to support continuous process improvement across business domains.
- Communicates lessons learned and feedback to consulting teams, senior leadership, and the larger IT consulting community.
- Empowers IT consultant teams to identify sustainable best practices which align with the strategic and tactical goals of cross-functional business units.
- Oversees partnerships between IT consultants, Program/Project Managers, and other IT planning leaders to drive workforce planning efforts.
- Determines if the necessary skills and knowledge required to meet ongoing and changing business demands exists across business or technical domains, and ensures skill and knowledge gaps are closed through talent development and outsourcing as appropriate.
- Approves and directs additional staff augmentation through managed service agreements as needed.
- Develops the functional model for managing capacity and demand for IT Consultant resources across business functions.
- Oversees budgets and capital planning across departments and annual business cycle levels.
- Minimum six (6) years supervisory experience.
- Minimum five (5) years managing operating budgets and/or project financials.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field and Minimum twelve (12) years experience in IT consulting, business analysis, or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Five (5) years experience working for a health care organization
- Five (5) years experience working for an IT organization
- Five (5) years experience overseeing projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
- Four (4) years experience overseeing the development and management of vendor relationships.
- Six (6) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above)
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) or other comparable business analyst or IT consulting certification
Job Number: 628379