The IT Performance and Effectiveness team is a collaborative entity that engages across the business and serves as the conduit between the various K-C stakeholders, business leaders and project teams for IT. Ensuring that activities are aligned to the business objectives set forth in the insight stage, this team provides benefit targeting, tracking and measuring to demonstrate value created through IT initiatives and programs.
As part of this team, the Sr. Consultant, IT Portfolio Management will provide global leadership in portfolio and project management including: process, systems, reporting, and transformation. They will provide full support of the technical operation of the CA PPM and Agile applications. This position will support maintenance and implementation activities for the applications as well lead analysis, design, programming, debugging, and software enhancements. They will provide thought leadership in portfolio reporting, annual planning, and ad-hoc leadership inquiries.
Key Stakeholders: Global IT leadership Team, IT Business Partners, IT Delivery Team and IT Planning and Operations Leads
- Perform portfolio management activities in conjunction with IT Digital Program Office, consolidating and recommending project priorities, and driving projects through the project lifecycle
- Maintain a dashboard of all the key portfolio activities between the Business and IT, develop critical insights and help keep the status up to date for review with Business and IT leadership
- Develop executive communications on portfolio health, execution insights and key blockers to resolve
- Leadership role in continuous process improvement of Portfolio Management processes, including but not limited to strategic business planning, project prioritization methodology, resource allocation, and risk tracking,
- Provide guidance and thought leadership in Resource Allocation and Management as well as Portfolio Management best practices
- Define strategy and roadmap on how to maximize PPM functionality to exceed business/user needs for Portfolio, Project and Product team's execution
- Oversee integration of CA PPM with agile execution platforms (e.g. JIRA, Agile Central)
- Work with multiple stakeholders and negotiate/compromise when conflicting needs come up with requirements.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies for determining requirements, demonstrating product, and delivery
- Interact with CA Support, external consultants, and delivery partners to resolve issues related to implementation and performance
- Strong planning, project management, analytical and qualitative skills are required, as well as the ability to synthesize and integrate customer insights data
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, to take initiative, be resourceful, and exercise astute business judgment to drive performance.
- Lead change management and process communications in a matrix environment to increase adherence
Key Qualifications and Experiences:
- B.A. or B.S./M.S. (Advanced degree preferred) in a relevant field.
- 7-10 years of Professional experience with a minimum of 5 years of IT Portfolio/Program Management
- Experience in CA PPM Configuration, Administration, Data Model, Portlets, and Reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge of JIRA or CA Agile Central or Rally and understanding of Agile/Scrum delivery
- Demonstrated experience with Agile execution and/or product planning
- Excellent communication skills, listening and negotiation skills
- Solid presentation, verbal/written communication, and inter-personal skills including the ability to: anticipate, influence & adapt to a wide range of audiences; cultivate relationships and leverage organizational understanding to facilitate decision making and buy-in.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is mandatory
- Can interact on equal terms with the most senior levels of leadership and demonstrates objectivity and impartiality. Is adept at analyzing and resolving problems through above-average clarity of thought, attention to detail, observation and listening skills, and persistence. Focuses on key issues. Applies pragmatic judgement in the application of rules.
Preferred Qualifications and Experiences:
- Ability to lead and influence a large group of stakeholders to ensure adequate process and financial controls are upheld for the global organization
- Possesses mature interpersonal skills and can demonstrate the ability to deal tactfully and constructively with client staff at all levels.
- Has a broad knowledge of current techniques and practices associated with Project and Product team based delivery.