The IT Sr. Business Analyst has accountability for ensuring business satisfaction for all operational aspects related to the relationship of IT and the business. This role will have a specific area(s) of operational expertise, and will act as a direct liaison client servicing, relationship management and operational understanding.
Some duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Performs troubleshooting in the form of problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up;
- Provides tier III support; performs root cause analysis and develops checklists;
- Provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff members;
- Analyzes, makes recommendations, creates charts, diagrams and graphs to assist in analysis;
- Monitors, tunes and optimizes system or application performance;
- Simulates or recreates problems to resolve operational deficiencies;
- Recommends procedures and controls for problem prevention;
- Understand user needs and assist user in preparation of specs;
- Develops and maintains problem databases;
- Design systems, test plans and training programs;
- Identify hardware and software to meet company needs;
- Coordinates installations with user departments;
- Leads implementations and rollouts;
- Leads post implementation audits;
- Interfaces with vendors regarding new product evaluation contract T&Cs and troubleshooting issues;
- Assist and participates in disaster recovery planning and testing;
- Develops P&Ps and general standards;
- Researches new applications or technologies;
- Develops, reviews and approves technical documentation;
- Prepares detailed functional specifications and coordinates RFP processes;
- Performs resource and contingency planning with respect to technology applications;
- Serve as a subject matter expert as well as a resource and lead to IT Business Analysts I, II.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a related discipline; significant applied experience or a combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- 5+ years of operational experience, or equivalent, in designated area(s) of expertise, preferably functioning within the department or group to which they will act as the liaison.
- 7+ years of experience gathering system requirements from users and business owners, translating them into detailed requirements documentation, ensuring that business rules are clearly defined through workflow diagrams, business needs are documented and validating that limitations or risks are understood.
- Acts as a key liaison between the business and IT for all quality and delivery related matters, managing business processes to resolution ensuring needs and expectations are met/exceeded.
- Provides services which meet business needs with simple and sustainable processes and products.
- Work with business to define a standard set of quality and delivery metrics for the corresponding department.
- Provides pro-active communications to support changes to business deliverables through simplified communications.
- Interacts directly with business for management of technical specifications and new initiatives.
- Maintains strong departmental experience preferably including cross functional experience and a willingness to learn operational process.
- Maintains excellent relationship management and project management skills.
- Maintains good business acumen and a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- ITIL V3 Awareness Training preferred.
- Proven ability to lead an mentor 3-4 junior Analysts in requirements gathering, documentation and testing processes.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications.