The Senior IT Business Analyst role is responsible for defining systems scope, objectives and functionality based on user input and an understanding of business processes and industry requirements. The Senior level will also typically be expected to devise more optimal systems and processes as a result of broader and deeper experience. Will often coach or mentor less senior professionals.
- Must work to attain the highest level of competence with the department.
- Exhibits project management skills. Coordinates and performs all phases of project activities including requirements gathering, project definition, solution outline, testing, documentation, implementation, training, follow-up and on-going maintenance.
- Provides solutions, trains users and works on special projects.
- Proactively leads and directs activities to identify information problems and defines solutions for management approval.
- Communicates with departmental management, business users and peers to define objectives, scope and the content of projects.
- Estimates resources, requirements and feasibility of projects and helps management set priorities.
- Familiar with the complexity of communications and database systems when designing and changing systems which affect these critical components.
- Operates primarily in close partnership with client departments to develop a deep understanding of business processes and to meet their objectives in developing cost, quality and service improvements.
- Continually seeks self-education in information systems technology.
- Perform administrative and other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% as some domestic and international travel, day and overnight, may be required.
Education and Experience
- BS or BA degree.
- Must have greater than 5 years previous experience with JD Edwards Enterprise One in at least two of the following areas: Procure to Pay, Sales Order Management, Finance, EDI
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Focusing on action and outcomes
- Customer Management
- Effective Business Management
- Problem Solving
Last application date