Sr. IT Business Analyst
Work From Home MI
This position is responsible for assisting businesses in implementing technology solutions in a cost-effective manner by determining the requirements of a project or program and communicating them clearly to all stakeholders. Business analysts may be assigned by project, line of business or technology platform and are expected to participate in every stage of the development lifecycle, from analysis and design through testing, release and maintenance while adhering to current System Development Methodology (SDM) processes. Business analysts work closely with various customers including their immediate project teams, business unit representatives and other technical staff members, often facilitating and coordinating the communication among all parties. The senior business analyst will be responsible for working on the most complex business projects and will be responsible for providing strong advice and counsel to their customers on solution design and implementation. The senior business analyst will be responsible for mentoring more junior colleagues.
- Works with businesses to identify ways to improve process execution and achieve strategy through the use of technology. Evaluates the overall business need and assists with design and implementation to ensure solutions achieve overall business objectives. Develops a roadmap for meeting the short and long term objectives.
- Acts as a primary member of the project team, overseeing and documenting decisions that occur throughout the project lifecycle. Elicits specific requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business process analysis and task and workflow analysis. Writes requirements and translates specifications to technical experts.
- Serves as the liaison between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow. Identifies potential technical problems before they occur and helps implement solutions by thoroughly validating all system changes relative to assigned work. Works with the business technology team as an advocate of the business unit supported. Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true need.
- Documents technical information, project information and develops training material. Writes and executes test scripts.
- Collaborates on tasks with project team members with clear deliverables and expected time frames. Follows up on progress of tasks. Maintains accountability for all items.
- Monitors progress of project and works to overcome challenges. Influences others to achieve project results. Escalates issues when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 7 years of work experience preferred (as described in the minimum years of experience below) – OR - 10 years comparable work experience
- 7 years of experience working directly with technology or interfacing with technology
- 4 years of experience working on moderate to complex projects
- Mortgage and/or financial services experience is preferred
- SQL training is highly desired
- IIBA certification is preferred
- Proven strength in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements
- Strong experience with incident management, leading both on and off-hours ad hoc support teams
- Strong experience with various software development methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, etc.
- Strong experience building, writing and executing test cases (using technologies such as HP Quality Center, Selenium, LoadRunner, is a plus)
- Strong communicator - Ability to communicate verbally and in technical writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner
- Proven ability to prioritize work by dividing time, attention and effort between assigned workload and on-going support tasks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to easily adapt to changes in processes, procedures and priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong understanding of business process
- Strong ability to think through workflows and the characteristics that make each workflow different