Sr. IT Business Analyst (Corporate Systems & Applications)
We are 13,+ employees strong, operating in more than 85 countries. We are committed to saving lives and we are constantly striving to be the best at what we do. Our impact is real and we see it every single day. We help get life-saving drugs into the hands of those who need them most.
Who are you?
You are a forward thinker. You are an innovator that refuses to settle. The idea of using your analytical and people skills to help build applications that will be used towards improving the lives of others excites you. You want to push the boundaries and change not just what it means to be a Sr. IT Business Analyst; you want to change the future. You want to learn from the best, grow your knowledge and your skill set, and you want to build your career. You want to use the latest technology and tools in the industry to push the momentum of an already growing company forward. You want to find a balance that still lets you be, well, you. Most of all, you want to do it in a place where you’re more than an employee number…a place you love working.
What will you be doing?
Working in a global team environment to build and optimize complex, custom software applications. We’re taking a fresh approach at ways that technology and analytics can empower those working in the clinical lifecycle and shape the future of clinical development.
As Sr. IT Business Analyst you would represent the BA team for continuous improvement initiatives using a variety of analytical skills, techniques, and resources. Collect and analyze business needs of project stakeholders and author requirements as user stories to ensure that quality solutions are delivered that align with PRA’s strategies. Serve as product owner for your user stories, participate in design sessions, provide input on the software solution, provide training, and functional support. Serve as liaison between users, development, QA, architects, and 3rd party vendors.
- Documents business needs, issues and challenges using a variety of analytical skills, techniques, and resources.
- Participates in vendor COTS product evaluation and selection process.
- Translates non-technical requirements into technical business requirements for moderate to complex software solutions.
- Proactively researches best practices and aligns solutions accordingly.
- Leads project team and liaises between users, development, quality assurance, architects, and third party vendors.
- Represents the Business Analysis team internally and externally to continuously improve IT processes.
What do you need to have?
- 6+ years of Business Analysis / Requirements Gathering experience.
- Expertise in Agile.
- Experience working on software development projects including gathering requirements, communicating with software developers ontechnical topics, authoring user stories, and meeting with business users.
- Team-player, team-first attitude.
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective time management skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Accounting.
- Experience working on COTS projects in a CRO environment.
- Experience in Corporate system and application solutions, specifically Finance and HR systems.
- Background in finance and accounting.
- Experience with Facilities, Vendor Management, QA, and Processing & Learning Solutions a plus.
- Experience working in a CFR Part 11 regulated environment such as Pharma, Biotech, or CRO.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, critical thinking, follow through and documentation skills.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum software development environment.
- Professional Certifications such as PMP, IIBA, etc.