Protective Life Corporation is currently seeking a Senior IT Auditor to join our organization. Protective offers a broad range of life, asset protection, and retirement products. We trace our roots to the Corporation’s flagship company, Protective Life Insurance Company – founded in 1907. Throughout our more than 110-year history, we have been a company driven by values. Our growth and success can be largely attributed to our ongoing commitment to serving people and doing the right thing… for our employees, our distributors and most importantly, our customers. The company’s home office is located in Birmingham, Alabama, and its more than 2,700 employees are located in offices across the United States. Protective’s culture includes a strong sense of corporate responsibility and community involvement. These efforts are carried out through the Protective Life Foundation, whose primary objective has always been to improve the quality of life of its local communities. The Foundation supports a wide range of initiatives and organizations through financial contributions and thousands of volunteer service hours provided by Protective employees. For more information, visit protective.com.
The Senior IT Auditor is responsible for planning and executing audits in accordance with ISACA and IIA audit methodologies. The Auditor will report to management on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal controls to ensure; reliability and integrity of information, compliance with policies and procedures, safeguarding of assets, effectiveness and efficiency of the operation, and achievement of goals and objectives.
Successful candidates must have an understanding of information technologyrisks and controls and knowledge of information technologyinfrastructure and business applications. Experience and/or an interest in assisting with operational audits is a plus.
Additional abilities and responsibilities include:
- Develops and/or updates audit programs; determines scope of audit based on risks identified and prepares time budgets as they relate to the assigned audit.
- Performs the audit in a professional manner and in accordance with the approved audit program.
- Directs, counsels, and instructs staff assistance assigned to the audit, and reviews their work for sufficiency of scope and for accuracy.
- Determines auditing procedures to be used, including statistical sampling and the use of electronic data processing equipment.
- Communicates (both oral and written) audit results and recommendations to management, determines adequacy of management’s response and monitors remediation efforts.
- Performs ITGC testing and key technology process documentation as part of an overall SOX 404 program.
- Participates and/or lead special projects.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance or other business related curriculum.
- Professional certification (i.e. CIA, CBA, CISA, or CPA) usually required. CISA preferred.
- Four to six years of experience in information systems auditing and/or IT related operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively across business levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of SAP is a plus.