Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Locations: Broomfield CO and Columbus GA
Summary of This Role
Conducts operational, compliance, and financialaudit and advisory engagements of domestic and/or international operations and providing sound project management. leads the planning and execution, reporting and follow-up of audit engagements. Develops, monitors and assists in executing the testing strategy for audit engagements.
What Part Will You Play?
- Leads the day-to-day tactical execution of audit and advisory engagement projects. Assists with the implementation and adjustment of project plans to ensure delivery in accordance with established project budgets and timelines. Participates in department-wide process improvement initiatives and special projects.
- Facilitates FFIEC examinations at different physical locations throughout the year. Independently reviews request lists and communicates requirements to business owners, catalogs and organizes responses, and provides regular, timely updates to internal and external parties. Effectively facilitates meetings with diverse participants in attendance (both on the phone and in person). Objectively evaluates performance of examinations and identifies and implements lessons learned to continuously improve the examination process.
- Provides first level review of work paper documentation to ensure the retained documentation supports the audit work performed. Prepares or assists the project manager in preparing formal auditreports. Partners with the project manager to assess the adequacy of the corrective action(s) taken by management, stakeholders, or process owners to improve governance, risk management, and control issues.
- Leverages understanding of the organization to provide value-added audit solutions and apply industry best practices. Assists less experienced auditors with the interpretation of applicable laws, regulations, compliance standards and audit methodologies. Begins to act as an information source within the department.
- Tracks and reports project status and milestones to project leadership and/or management. Discusses audit results, their impact and recommendations for corrective actions with the project manager and/or management.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Accounting, Operations, IT or related degree or equivalent training or experience in lieu of degree
- Travel Requirements: Approximately 20%
- Experience with regulatory examinations (e.g., FFIEC) and technology audits
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Related work experience
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Accounting, Operations, IT or related professional auditing experience. Experience in a recognized process improvement discipline (Six Sigma, Lean ISO, etc.)
- Professional Certification (CIA, CPE, CFE, CISA, etc.)
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Organizational Awareness - Ability to attain a deep understanding of the organization, its structure, entities, and the interconnectedness of functional processes. Appropriately applies knowledge of the business, industry, and the risk and control environment in work and decision making.
- Relationship Management - Develops and sustains working relationships with diverse teams, individual stakeholders at all levels of the organization, and external agencies to achieve department and enterprise goals.
- Flexibility - Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts change initiatives; expresses interest in new ideas or experiences.
- Written Communication - Expresses ideas, thoughts, and concepts clearly in writing using correct and appropriate grammar. Structures written information in an organized manner to meet the needs of the intended audience.
- Oral Communication - Conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively using speech in individual or group situations; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Industry knowledge - Knowledge of the financial industry
- Audit knowledge - Experience with industry audit standards
- Project Management - Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and resources simultaneously