Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
The IT Global Apps Group delivers business value and application transformation at Symantec through world-class design and development teams utilizing state of the art software and cloud technologies. Global Apps powers innovation through Information Technology and we are currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
* Implement test automation methodolgy from scratch
* Develop effective, maintainable test automation in a timely fashion
* Present test strategies and frameworks to QA, cross functional and management team
* Create metrics on conversion rate of manual to automated test cases and present to management
* Convert manual test cases from test plans to automated test cases
* Develop automated test cases to validate webapplications/UI, APIs, custom applications and BOTs
* Formulate test strategies based on product designs and features
* Collaborate effectively with engineers, quality assurance, product management, devops to deliver high-quality software automation code
* Mentor and junior team members distributed across the world
* Conduct code reviews with peers for test automation
* Deep understanding of functional, regression, performance tests and recommend improvements
* Integrate test automation to CI/CD process
* BS in engineering, mathematics, computer science or related field required
* 3+ years hands on experience with test automation tools such as: Selenium, Appium, TestNG and Junit]
* 3 years of coding experience using Java
*Experience working with CRM like Salesforce.com, ERP like Oracle eBusiness, etc
*Experience with Web Services and API level testing using REST methods
*Experience in continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CI) with tools like Jenkins
* Working knowledge with issue tracking systems such as JIRA, confluence, etc