Selective is seeking a contributor to the design, development and implementation of system enhancements within Selective’s commercial lines policy admin system. As a member of the CL Application Delivery team, this individual will work closely with team members and members of the architecture team to design, develop, and implement strategic projects as well as maintenance and enhancements to our mission critical commercial lines applications.
- Support the functional and technical design, development, testing, implementation, and troubleshooting of complex, multi-tier, windows and web based solutions.
- Participate in the design development of integrations between internal line of business systems and external business to business exchanges to and from CL systems.
- Follow the prescribed development life cycle and contribute to the ongoing effort to enhance CL coding standards.
- Participate in code reviews and receive/provide constructive feedback to developers fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Identify opportunities to reuse objects or delegate object development to application development teams when appropriate.
- Work closely with application architects or enterprise architects on application design
- Work closely with Business/System Analysts to understand business process and specific workflows within business areas.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.
- Passion for designing and developing modern web solutions
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience developing/supporting enterprise web applications including an understanding of ASP.net lifecycles, SOA, RDBMS and IIS
- Strong development skills including c# and/or VB.net, MVC, client frameworks (JQuery, Knockout, etc.), SQL Server and/or Oracle, web services (WCF, JSON, REST, Web API), entity framework, SSRS, Webspere MQ.
- Understanding of various application and integration design patterns.
- Understanding of various application security models, cryptogrophy, and secure coding practices.
- Experience with business rules engine and/or customer communication management (CCM) platforms a plus.
- College degree in Computer Science, Management Information Science, or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of programmer/analyst experience.