Westlake Chemical offers you the potential to enrich your work life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We work together to enhance peoples' lives through our products and presence in the communities in which we operate.
The SAP Business Intelligence/Warehouse (BI/BW) Sr. Analyst focuses on the design, development, delivery and support of business intelligence and warehouse solutions using predominantly SAP technology, applications and tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish strong business relationships to identify, plan and scope future BW projects
- Lead BW/BI projects in collaboration with Business, IT/Basis, IS functional/technical/security analysts and external BW consultants as assigned to the project.
- Design, develop, test and implement new BW/BI initiatives, projects and enhancements.
- Facilitate and gather reporting requirements for assigned projects
- Write functional design document and detailed technical document.
- Responsible for adherence to standards, policies, and development guidelines.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, assistance and support for BW/BI
- Provide ongoing business user training and support as needed
- Work with IS functional and technical analysts to investigate and resolve data discrepancies
- Manage and support BW refresh processes during downtime
- Off-hours availability for support, problem determination, and problem resolution of production systems is probable.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems/MIS, computer science, business or related field or equivalent experience
- Possess 6+ years of SAP Business Warehouse/Intelligence development experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution
- Good consulting skills to gather information requirements, and participate in analysis and user interface design discussions.
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proven multitasking capabilities
- Excellent organization and follow through skills
- Willingness to apply and learn new technologies.
- Practical experience in full life cycle deployment and extension of BI content as well as custom implementation
- Experience designing, developing and configuring within SAP BW (7.x and 3.x objects).
- Expertise should include: InfoObjects, DSO, InfoCubes, MultiProviders, InfoPackages, InfoSources, Datasources, Transformations, Transfer Rules, Update rules, DTP
- Experience in business requirements gathering, data analysis, data mapping, and dimensional data modeling
- In depth experience in BEx query development. Develop complex multiprovider Queries and RRIs.
- General trouble shooting skills in a BW environment.
- knowledge of Business Objects WEBI, Design studio, Lumira and HANA
- Crystal Reporting with BW
- BEX Broadcasting
- IView experience with Portals to publish BI reports
- ABAP coding and debugging skills, code performance tuning
- Project management skills
- Data Integrator experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.