The Sr. IS Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of assigned IT projects from conception through implementation, ensuring projects meet agreed upon scope and achieve the desired business outcomes. Successful candidates are excellent communicators, problem-solvers, collaborative and can work on several projects in parallel.
- Lead the planning and implementation of multiple inter-disciplinary projects
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full scale project plans
- Manage the project resource plan and budget
- Proactively manage project risks and issues and drive them to resolution
- Manage the development of project documentation
- Resolves political, resource, budgeting, schedule and change issues affecting the project
- Oversees vendor relations on projects where the supplier is external to the Organization
- Bachelor's degree required
- PMP Certification a plus
- Agile experience a plus
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires 10+ years of business analysis experience coupled with management of complex technology projects in a fast-paced, political, highly matrixed environment. Financial Services and Legal industry experience a plus.
- Ability to liaise with the business, analyze complex business problems and apply broad business knowledge and practical experience to the analysis/solution generation process. Business Analysis and Business Process Management skills are preferred.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of project management expertise.
- Excellent influencing skills with technical and non-technical audiences. Demonstrated mastery in planning and facilitating meetings.
- Ability to implement a selective and pragmatic approach of all PM knowledge areas.
- Demonstrated mastery of presentation and written communication skills.
- Must be extremely results oriented with little input from others. Excellent business judgment and a practical common-sense approach to getting things done.
- Ability to understand, de-escalate, mediate and negotiate with individuals within a context of political sensitivity and conflicting interests, both internal, and external, to the organization.
- Must be team-oriented and experience working in a collaborative environment.