How this role will make an impact:
- The iOS Engineer role will design and develop mobile software as a member of Scrum teams. The role includes iOS development, unit and performance testing of both customer facing and internal facing mobile applications for iPhone and iPad devices. As part of the Application Development Team, this person will collaborate with Product Managers, Development Managers, and developers to produce high quality solutions to support PetSmart business.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, and unit test Mobile Applications in support of PetSmart business.
- Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates and feedback and determine proper implementation.
- Maintain, support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize existing and future mobile applications.
- Work with otherdeveloper, QA, marketing and sales teams to design and implement quality software solutions.
- Conduct peer reviews with developers.
- Research and recommend tools and technologies in support of mobile development.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education or experience
- 5 years of native iOS development
- Experience doing iOS SDK development in a commercial or professional environment. Must be hands-on and have experiencepublishing at least one consumer application to Apple App store or Enterprise deployments.
- Comfortable with iOS performance (memory, speed, networking) and experience using performance analysis tools (i.e. Instruments)
- In-depth knowledge of current technological trends, developments, and best practices in the area of information security, wireless networkarchitecture, technologies, and concepts.
- Knowledgeable in any combination of the below skill set:
- iOS SDK
- Objective-C, XCode, Cocoa
- Core Data
- Core Location
- Image IO
- Map Kit
- Store Kit
- UI Kit
- Knowledge of GIT
- Network protocols including REST
- JSON, XML
- Push notifications
- Integration with mobile analytic SDK (i.e. Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, etc.)
- Passbook and location-aware integrations