At Apartment List, we’re on a mission to find every renter a home they love at the value they deserve. As the fastest-growing online rental marketplace, our platform takes the time to understand renters’ preferences and seamlessly finds their perfect match while aligning incentives with our properties on-site. To date, we’ve helped nearly 1 million families find a home they love, and we’re just getting started. Join us!
The Native Engineering team works on the mobile Apartment List experience for renters to find the home they love. We build apps for devices that utilize the search infrastructure, the ranking algorithm, and best-in-class user interfaces to present the most useful apartment information to renters. We partner closely with product, design, and analytics team members to continually improve the user experience and build the best apps for finding your next home.
Here is what you'll do as part of the team:
- Develop the Apartment List iOS app, writing code in Swift with like-minded mobile engineers
- Use the right tool for the job. Our app is powered with RxSwift and our networking is built on Alamofire, and we are evaluating Combine for future app development
- We use MVI and Quick to make testable code, and use a combination of Protocol-Oriented Programming and OOP to build reusable components
- Collaborate with the larger engineering team, shaping the backend APIs and services and improving software development at Apartment List
- Interact closely with your teammates in design and product management. You’ll have a say!
Here are the skills and experience you'll need to be successful:
- Experience with the iOS development stack, coding in Swift or Objective-C
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering or related, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years working in organizations with a solid engineering process, collaborating with designers and product managers to build the best mobile experience possible
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- A track record of shipping apps to the App Store
- Incredible attention to detail and a talent for implementing creative and technically sound solutions to product challenges
- An ability to write solid code utilizing appropriate design patterns, data structures, and algorithms, while also keeping testability and secure coding in mind
- You stay on top of the latest advances in the industry -- and understand how to determine the right time to adopt them
And here is what's in it for you:
- Mentorship and training to get you onboard quickly and learn new development skills
- Room to explore new technologies and adopt them in our product development
- Participation in the entire development cycle, from making meaningful product decisions to implementing and shipping an app downloaded by thousands of users a day
- Opportunity to work on both iOS and Android codebases
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
Apartment List is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.