At Abercrombie & Fitch, quality is in our roots and we’re on a mission to honor this rich heritage. With an unwavering focus on our customer, we strive every day to deliver a unique and welcoming experience, whether in our stores or online. Our three global brands, Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids and Hollister Co., are the embodiment of our passion for incredible product. At the heart of it all is our amazing 500-acre campus, nestled just outside of Columbus, Ohio. With an open work space, inspiring views, and even a place to gather as a team around the fire pit, our Home Office fosters a diverse and inclusive culture that consistently seeks the input of our associates and focuses on the future. We are looking for leaders, visionaries, and creatives who are willing to roll up their sleeves and write the next chapter in our brand’s legacy.
We are looking for a Sr. iOS Mobile Engineer to assist with strategy, design, development and maintenance of our consumer facing Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister Co. mobile apps. The engineer will lead the entire app life cycle right from concept stage until delivery and post launch support. In addition to delivering the product, the candidate will be heavily involved in driving the mobile strategy at Abercrombie & Fitch.
What will you be doing?
- Acting as Sr. iOS developer. Depending on skillset, the candidate can be lead on one platform and play a supporting role across the other
- Working closely with another mobile app engineer leading the other platform development
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle– concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores, and support
- Collaborate with internal and external teams - Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, and Marketers to conceptualize, build, test, and realize new features
- Standardize platform to be able to deliver across multiple brands with minimal effort
- Standardize and enforce coding standards and best practices, including optimizing the apps for performance
- Work with web engineering teams to create and maintain data sources and API's to support the apps
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
What will you need to bring?
- iOS Experience
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills in Objective-C and Swift
- Familiar with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc.)
- Familiar with XCode
- Performance analysis and profiling using XCode Instruments
- Experience with Unit Testing for Mobile Apps preferred
- Good understanding of HTTP, REST API concepts
- Created 1 or more applications available in Apple's AppStore
- Familiarity with Agile development including daily scrum
- Bachelor’s Degree Required