The Sr. iOS App Development Engineer shall participate in research and product development activities ranging from product concept through transfer to manufacturing. This position will apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices for software development for implantable medical devices and accessories.
- Develop and support mobile application based software for a system that includes the following: an implantable stimulator, external stimulator, patient charger, patient-facing devices and clinician-facing devices. Development activities include definition of requirements, design and implementation, and verification and validation support.
- Develops software in a regulated environment in accordance with internal operating procedures and external standards and regulations. Conducts cross-functional reviews of the software development at appropriate times in the development cycle.
- Proactively identifies areas of developmental risk and communicates these to management accordingly.
- Works closely with other product development team members to assure that their designs interface properly with other system components and to assure that the overall system meets its performance requirements.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Contributes to the intellectual property base of the Company via active communication of new concepts to Management.
- Works in accordance with quality system procedures and actively enforces its objectives
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in software design for mobile application development.
- S. in Computer Science, or similar degree.
Skills and Knowledge
- It is required that the candidate be proficient with the iOS development (Android development is a plus) environment including XCode/Swift and application deployment.
- Nice to have would include experience with RESTful APIs and cross-platform development
- It is preferred that this candidate has experience in implantable medical device development or similar regulated industry (automotive, aeronautical).
- Functional familiarity with the FDA Submission process, ISO Requirements and QSR requirements is also preferred.