Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Fund accounting and financialreporting for global private investments.
- Oversight of property and fund level accounting records. Identify accounting oversight procedures for moderate and complex accounting areas. Work with other Nuveen accountants and service providers.
- Prepare financial and investment performance reporting.
- Monitor GAAP, IFRS and industry literature to ensure compliance with financial and statutory reporting requirements. Research accounting guidance and prepare technical memos to ensure appropriate application of accounting principles.
- Partner with Accounting Policy to keep abreast of changes in accounting and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with external auditors to facilitate the completion of audited financial statements.
- Apply specialized knowledge, skills and experience to resolve a wide-range of issues.
- Collaborate with partners across diverse business lines, including Asset Management, Risk Management, Valuations, Tax, Legal, Compliance, Product Management, and Treasury.
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members.
- Maintain a sound internal control environment. Recommend enhancements to processes, analysis, reporting, and systems.
- Participate or lead cooperative efforts among members of a project team, including, but not limited to, systems implementations, technical accounting transitions, and regulatory efforts.
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance
- 3-5 years in Accounting/Finance position
- Solid knowledge of GAAPrequired, experience with IFRS and Investment Company accounting are a plus.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent technical research, communication and writing skills
- Financial statement preparation experience
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and conceptual skills
- Self-directed, self-starter, and motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred