Global Investigations is looking for a highly talented, self-motivated, and analytical individual to join the Cyber Fraud Investigations Team. The mission of the Cyber Fraud Investigations Team is to ensure the financial and reputational resiliency of PayPal and its subsidiaries through the resolution of complex investigations into incidents of fraud. This role provides an opportunity to work alongside leading investigations professionals in collaboration with law enforcement, private sector partners, and a broad array of internal stakeholders.
- Identify complex fraud patterns and their technical root causes through detailed data mining and analysis, including identification of sophisticated fraud methods employed by actors who are deliberately trying to avoid detection.
- Join data between platforms to track disparate fraud signals and develop a holistic view of fraud trends across PayPal’s adjacencies.
- Expand upon investigative fraud stories by developing statistics and data visualizations to quantify and broadly assess the impact of common root causes on the platform.
- Serve as technical SME for CFI by sharing new data mining techniques, maintaining technical reference documentation, and interfacing with partner technology teams.
- Collaborate across business and technology stakeholders to communicate analytic findings succinctly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provide technical guidance for engineering projects that incorporate new data points into the investigation team’s toolkit, such as API integrations or internal data transformations.
- Successful track record of owning and driving large, complex data analysis projects.
- High level of theoretical and practical expertise in data mining and database technologies.
- Advanced understanding of financially motivated cybercrime trends and typologies.
- Demonstrated capacity for innovation and outside-the-box thinking in the creation of new capabilities and processes that are unstructured or exploratory in nature.
- Proven ability to develop effective, cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies.
- Team player, energetic personality, curious, quality minded, focused, committed, able to work efficiently in a fast paced, changing environment.
- 5+ years of experience in analytics or data-driven investigations
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- Proficient in one or more major programming languages (SAS, R, Matlab, Python, Java, Perl, etc.)
- Advanced SQL knowledge