Requisition #: 171321
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. When joining Johns Hopkins, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director this senior level HR consultant provides strategic professional human resources support to Johns Hopkins Medicine International (JHMI). The Senior International HR Consultant partners with business leaders to provide consultative human resources support in the form of program and initiative development and implementation. This position is responsible for ensuring alignment of business objectives, work cultures, and human resources programs/policies to facilitate JHI Services with achieving their business goals while minimizing risk to the firm. In addition this position will provide tactical, day-to-day Human Resources related support and services to management and employees as well as provide situational analysis and expertise to help drive systemic improvements throughout the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
External HR Account Management/Consulting
- Proactively partner with JHI organizational leaders to identify, and develop strategies, programs and initiatives to enhance organizational performance and functionality while ensuring a focus on diversity, change management and employee engagement.
- Develop programs and policies that meet the needs of an aggressively growing business to include but are not limited to a complete expatriate program.
- Acts as a liaison between JHI and various JHHS HR groups. Partners with other HR areas to develop and implement HR programs and initiatives that support JHI and JHRG employees.
- Lead the effort for talent and succession planning and other organizational wide initiatives as needed.
Administration and Special Projects:
- Lead the strategic development of initiatives that increase employee and manager self-service, provide increased communications and transparency such as the development of JHI internal web-site.
- Develop and implement a complete workforce planning process that utilizes workforce metrics (attrition, demographics etc.), and projected FTE resources needs, while also tying into the annualbudgeting, talent and succession planningprocesses.
- Work requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration/human resources or a related discipline. Master’s degree in Human Resources or related business field is strongly preferred. PHR/SPHR Highly strongly preferred.
- Work requires in-depth working knowledge and understanding of key areas of human resources management - compensation, performance management, organizational design, employee relations, staffing, benefits, and change management.
- Must also have knowledge of policy and procedure development and implementation.
- Must possess working knowledge of Federal and State regulations pertaining to Human Resources.
<span style="font-family: "Arial",sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;">#LI-JR2
- Advanced interpersonal skills with ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization from senior executives and down.
- Strong adaptability to diverse cultures and ability to change interpersonal style to fit cultural norms.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple high priority initiatives and navigate in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong analytical skills to rationalize business concepts and translate them into usable data for decision making and program develop
- Strong project management abilities
- Ability to influence others especially in situations where direct authority isn’t present
- Microsoft Office Software skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Group Wise)
- Ability to generate reports and analyze data from Human Resources Management Information Systems.
D. Work Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive, broad range experience in HR principles, policies and practices, which must include a minimum of two years of international human resources.