What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – RetailBanking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Senior Cash Management Sales Consultant
Job Description Summary
Responsible for identifying prospects and clients with cash management needs and selling appropriate solutions to meet the clients' needs. Serve as integral member of the client management and cash management teams in assigned districts and/or segment. Manage and cross sell to a portfolio of existing clients. Primarily responsible for clients with moderately complex cash management needs.
Essential Job Functions
1. Works with Relationship Managers and individually develops prospects for New Business through the sale of Cash Management solutions designed to meet client needs within assigned geography or business segment. Assists RM's with pre-qualifying prospects with Cash Management needs. Collaborate with RM's to stay up to date on client relationships and maintain fluid communication with internal partners to provide seamless service to clients.
2. Develops and maintains Centers of Influence (COI's) within the industry independently and with assigned RM's.
3. Manages and cross sells to a portfolio of existing Cash Management clients, conducting relationship reveiws with top clients no less than annually. Serves as the main Cash Management client contact. Identifies additional cross sell Cash Management solutions.
4. Prepare sales presentations providing a comprehensive solution for clients' cash management needs including product pricing while maintaining Bank profitability.
5. Keeps informed of current activities in the Cash Management field including new products and other general information of customers. Provides client feedback and input to product managers for ideas regarding new product development, enhancements and modifications requested or of interest to the market, based on actual client feedback or competitor intelligence.
6. Keeping Relationship Managers informed of product enhancements and developments.
7. Properly directs non-sales related client needs to the apporiate division for resolution.
8. Maintains call activity and pipeline accuracy in CRM tracking system (TouchPoint).
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School - Required
· Bachelor’s Degree - Required
· Master’s/Advanced Degree - Preferred
· Required License(s) or Certifications in Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), AAP - Preferred
· Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Cash management services and products and general banking services and bank operations
· Some knowledge of basic commercial credit analysis and practices.
· Planning and organizing
· Bank product and service knowledgePlanning and organizing
· Strong written and verbal communication skills