Participates and assists in leading the evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of internal controls, healthcare, and operational compliance and identifies weaknesses, along with providing recommendations to mitigate those weaknesses.
As part of SOX Compliance, you will be actively participating in the following activities:
- Lead, develop and execute comprehensive test plans, determining the cause of deficiencies, and assisting management with the development of remediation plans.
- Ensure continued compliance with all facets of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, including updated guidance from the SEC, coordinating with internal staff, external auditors and consultants.
- Perform testing and verification of the effectiveness of internal controls and review testing performed by the staff auditors
- Refine/drive continuous improvement in the internal controls self-assessment program to determine quarterly and annual compliance with key SOX sections (302, 404, etc.).
- Serve as a liaison between the Company's business owners and external auditors and support external auditor's testing
- Lead and facilitate interactions among business owners as they work to implement control improvements and corrective actions.
- Review/discuss with Management any internal control changes that may affect SOX compliance
As part of Operational Compliance, you will be actively participating in the following activities:
- Effectively plan, coordinate and supervise operational audits in accordance with the approved audit plan
- Assist in developing and maintaining a global audit and risk universe that reflects the business model, processes and organization structure
- Evaluates results, synthesizes audit findings, drafts audit reports, and ensures effective and efficient audit execution
You will also be able to tap into your strong analytical and organizational skills as you tackle the following Financial/Substantive, General Audit Activities & Special Projects:
- Lead in the execution of the SOX program in making value added recommendations to enhance the Company's internal controls and operating efficiencies, and other processes necessary to mitigate the Company’s risks.
- Support external auditor's testing (SOX and substantive including Inventory) for areas in which the external auditors rely on department’s audit work.
- Establish effective business relationships within the organization and maintain knowledge of operating divisions.
- Lead and execute an efficient audit approach as defined by management and assure audit work is completed on time and within budget.
- Lead and execute audit programs to facilitate management in assessing operational effectiveness and business process improvements.
- Lead and support corporate internal control and risk mitigation projects as needed (e.g. SAP, enhancements and future implementations, business re-engineering, assurance projects and due diligence work).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting and/or industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, specifically sections 302, 404, etc., with hands-on experience with SOX implementations and ongoing compliance in industry.
- Knowledge of FASB, GAAP, GAAS, PCAOB and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Experience with internal control concepts and frameworks (e.g. COSO).
- Experience with fundamental audit theory and methodology.