$80K — $100K *
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION The Sr Internal Auditor - Compliance assists the Internal Audit Department in organizing, planning and conducting independent audits of financial institution activities to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with existing bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. General audit areas include, but are not limited to, regulatory compliance, employee account reviews, branch audits, risk management, and special projects. This position may also assist with financial or operational audits periodically.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist the Internal Audit Manager - Compliance with planning for branch audits and other compliance audits, including risk assessments. This duty is performed annually.
2. Perform regulatory compliance audits and branch audits as assigned. Report findings to appropriate parties, obtain management responses and prepare audit report. This duty is performed annually.
3. Perform employee account reviews as assigned. Report findings to appropriate parties, obtain management responses and prepare audit reports. This duty is performed annually.
4. Perform research on special investigations as requested of Internal Audit. This duty is performed annually.
5. Assist in the development of audit workprograms related to regulatory compliance audits. This duty is performed annually.
6. Supervise work of staff internal auditors and perform reviews of audit workpapers prepared by others in department. This duty is performed as needed.
7. Obtain 40 continuing education hours related to audit and specific industry knowledge. This duty is performed annually.
8. Represent internal audit on enterprise projects and participate in internal audit projects. This duty is performed as needed.
9. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. This duty is performed daily.
10. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed as needed.
11. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 12 to 18 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS Ability to read a limited number of words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers; Ability to write and speak simple sentences as a means for basic communication. Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, notes, letters and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to read, analyze, and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals; Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read, analyze, and understand common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Not indicated.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, or similar
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED Advanced: Accounting, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing Intermediate: 10-Key
WORKING CONDITIONS Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, talk or hear; occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and color vision.
Required education and experience: - Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related fields OR equivalent work experience in compliance audit or monitoring at a financial institution - Compliance or Audit certification required within 1 year of obtaining position if not already held (CIA, CRCM, CFE, CAMS, or CFSA) - 5-7 Years previous experience in an Internal Audit or Compliance department at a financial institution
Required competencies: - Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products Position may require occasional travel
Bachelors or better.
Valid through: 6/29/2021