PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Senior Interface Developer is responsible for all for all assigned aspects of interface implementation, including project coordination, configuration of connectivity and interface messages, execution of test plans, troubleshooting, and ongoing support post go-live of the interface. Responsible for the development of system interface solutions, release coordination and technical component documentation for specific integration efforts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expert knowledge and responsibility for designing, developing, testing and maintaining interfaces.
- Analyze business requirements of diverse scope and complexities in order to support business management objectives.
- Perform project management functions to meet deadlines and successfully implementation of interfaces.
- Documents interface status throughout the implementation life cycle.
- Clearly and proactively identifies project risks and institutes meaningful risk management campaigns to mitigate risks.
- Develops interface applications and functionality in accordance with the business and technical specifications.
- Conduct thorough unit and string tests. Support system integration and quality assurance testing.
- Prepare technical specifications and release plans as needed.
- Participate in design specification and analysis through interface development, initial and volume testing, production moves and post-production support.
- Apply current technology to solve technical problems and ensure system interfaces and application performance are optimized.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degreerequired; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8years’ related experience; or a Master’s degree with 3 years’ experience; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Experience with Healthcare standards like HIPAA and SOX is a plus.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of software development lifecycle and methodologies spanning development, testing, release and deployment management.
- Strong technical development and relational platform designexperience – especially with systems integration and interface development.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend technical specifications delivered by client services implementation team to implement interface solution.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with and oversee the necessary teams in a collaborative effort as needed for implementation/support of the interfaces.
Job ID 18000F7T